Skip to main content

Power Balls

I have recently been trying hard to get healthier and loose some weight. The thought of engagement photos, trying on wedding dresses, and general attention in my direction is something new and frightening for me. I hate photos of myself, luckily we have a great photographer who is helping me be less tragic in front of the camera.

Anyways...on to why you are here. I have started doing the BodyrockTV workouts and following their blog. I am sharing one recipe I found that both my fiancĂ© and I love. Power Balls by Zuzana. You can find the original post here 

They are all natural no chemicals or processed foods packed full of nutrients. 



Ingredients:



1 cup of oats
2 cups of almond meal (I buy almonds and put them through the food processor or grinder)
3 teaspoons of baking powder
4 tablespoons of raw honey
4 tablespoons of coconut oil melted
1 cup cooked carrots
Crushed almonds (or any other nut you like)


Preheat the oven to 350
Put the oats through the food processor to make oat flower (or close to it). Add the almond meal and baking powder and mix. Add the honey and mix again. Add the oil and mix. Add the cooked carrots and mix. Roll the mixed batter into balls roll in the crushed almonds until they are covered completely and place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Makes about 25, two bite balls.

I use the food processor for the entire recipe but it would work just fine with a stand or hand mixer.

I found the recipe did not double well the consistency was more sticky and I wasn't able to roll them. We used these for a snack or a quick breakfast on the go. I just kept them in a bag in the fridge once they cooled off.





 
Thanks BodyrockTV, the photos are also borrowed from their site.
Sorry the formatting is all wonky, I originally did this post on my phone and it didn't translate well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So a little about me and what you'll be seeing on this blog. Ok, I'll be honest I created this blog because I wanted to make some extra money. But at the same time, I do get asked for my recipes and tips on different things. I am an accountant by day and a student by night but when I have some spare time I enjoy baking, cooking and recently I have gotten into couponing. I'm no extreme couponer but I am learning more and more about how to my couponing experience. These are the two loves of my life, my boyfriend Chad and my puppy Rypien. They are a handful, but I wouldn't have it any other way :) I hope I can help other Suzie Homemakers in training, and we can share tips and recipes too. I will try to break down my projects by cost so you can see how easy it is to be thrifty and still have it look like you spent a bundle of time and money on it.

Pad Thai like the pros...kinda

Ok so I love Pad Thai, it has everything you need for a balanced meal and it tastes great! You have noodles, veggies and whatever protein suits your fancy. We tried to rotate a good Pad Thai in our routine every couple weeks but found the sauce and noodle combo was expensive so we waited until everything went on sale. Not anymore! Due to my new pinning ways I have found the secret to the Pad Thai sauce that tastes just as good as those greasy packages you get in the store but without all the grease and at a fraction of the cost! We also have gotten a cheaper brand of noodles that taste just as good and the bigger name and they go twice as far. Half of a package will feed us both for dinner and lunch plus one more portion left over so 5 healthy portions overall. Pad Thai Sauce: 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar (I used agave syrup because we are trying to stay away from processed sugar as much as possible) 2 Tablespoons of Lime Juice 3 Tablespoons of Soya ...